While you may not consider referees also need any athletic footwear, however, they also need those athletic shoes. As their work calls for making calls in any key moments, they need to be able to move freely around the court. Believe it or not, as much as a player needs shoes and is under high stress and pressure, the referees are too! It can not be a cakewalk to manage the entire game, observe every move of the player and coordinate while anybody gets injured. A referee needs to be super active and should have a higher focus and concentration level in any match.
On top of being highly focused, the referee also needs to be super active and run along with the player to observe every move of the team. This is the reason why a referee also needs an amazing and comfortable pair of shoes that can keep them at ease while performing one’s duty on the basketball court. We have listed below some amazing and worth purchasing basketball shoes that are not only best for the basketball players but also basketball referees on the ground.
In This Article
- 10 Best Basketball Referee Shoes List
- 1. Reebok Zig Energy Ref Men’s Basketball Shoe
- 2. Nike Men’s Air Referee Monarch IV
- 3. ASICS Men’s GT-1000 7 Running shoes
- 4. New Balance Men’s 623 V3 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer
- 5. Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
- 6. Puma Men’s Cell Regulate Nature Tech Sneaker
- 7. Nike Air Max 2014 Running Shoe
- 8. Reebok Men’s Zig Pulse SE Running Shoe
- 9. JOOMLA Men’s Stylish Sneakers High Top Athletic-Inspired Shoes
- 10. BRONAX Men’s Stylish Graffiti Personality Sneakers
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
10 Best Basketball Referee Shoes List
|Reebok Zig Energy Ref Mens Basketball Shoe||4.5/5||Check Price|
|Nike Men's Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer||4.5/5||Check Price|
|ASICS Men's GT-1000 7 Running Shoes||4.6/5||Check Price|
|New Balance Men's 623 V3 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer||4.6/5||Check Price|
|Under Armour Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe||4.7/5||Check Price|
|PUMA Men's Cell Regulate Nature Tech Sneaker||4.6/5||Check Price|
|Nike Men AIR MAX 2014 Running Shoes||4.7/5||Check Price|
|Reebok Men's Zig Pulse SE Running Shoe||4.6/5||Check Price|
|JOOMRA Men's Stylish Sneakers High Top Athletic-Inspired Shoes||4.3/5||Check Price|
|BRONAX Men's Stylish Graffiti Personality Sneakers||4.4/5||Check Price|
1. Reebok Zig Energy Ref Men’s Basketball Shoe
These pair of shoes from Reebok are considered one of the best basketball referee shoes. You really would love to get these pair of shoes that have extreme comfort and cushioning especially for those who work for extended hours. The shoes also have a unique experience which provides what basketball referee needs across durability cushioning and comfort level. The shoes have patent glossy leather upper body part while you get support from the lace-up closure.
- You can easily remove the foam sock liner and replace it with custom orthotics.
- The ZigTech sole of the shoes along with the zig-zag shaped sole to absorb impact when the heel strikes the court.
- The tongue of the shoes allows being breathable.
- The shoes look a bit cheaper due to the synthetic material on the upper body.
2. Nike Men’s Air Referee Monarch IV
Those referees who want the best running shoes, these pair of shoes are considered one of the best basketball shoes for referees. The outsole of the shoes is made from non-marking solid rubber. It also extends to the toe box for added protection to your feet. The multi-pattern design of the shoes can be best for both indoor and outdoor basketball games. The midsole is made from Phylon while the EVA foam of the shoes is durable.
- Great traction and support.
- Added protection to the toe box.
- Best for an indoor or outdoor basketball court.
- A bit noisy.
- Weak rubber sole.
3. ASICS Men’s GT-1000 7 Running shoes
These pair of basketball referee shoes are considered one of the solid choices for those who want to get an amazing pair at an affordable range. The shoes have stunning stability with a great fit which gives the referee an exceptional ride without even spending much. The Asics’s FlyteFoam midsole of the shoes also provides an amazing bounce as well as responsiveness. The Duomax foam of the shoes is great with stability while the midsole of the shoes turns no stones unturned to keep control of your feet.
- Excellent bounce and responsiveness due to Flytefoam.
- Seafoam midsole material decreases the breakdown of the midsole.
- Great traction and comfort.
- Can give blisters on toes.
- Not recommended for flat feet.
- Sizes may vary.
4. New Balance Men’s 623 V3 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer
These new balance 623v3 training shoe, are considered one of the best basketball shoes for referees. The shoes come with a lace-up closure with an eyelet to lock your foot nicely and the padding of the shoes also helps in increased airflow to the collar and tongue. The bicolor sole of the shoe is great for shock-absorbing while the durable rubber outsole is an additional advantage to the design of the shoes. The special cushioning of the shoes at the midsole also enhances your stability and comes with a removable EVA insole. The solid leather and suede material makes it unique and of great quality too.
- QUIX flexibility technology for flexibility.
- Decent breathability due to leather and suede material.
- Not for elders.
5. Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe
You really would not want to get such shoes that are heavy while working for several hours a week on basketball courts. The shoe feels very light on the foot to the point. The upper mesh of the shoes is lightweight with the addition of charged cushioning midsole along with a rubber outsole. You get a breathable feature due to the upper lightweight mesh. The shoes are also built with EVA sock liner.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- High traction with grip on the floor.
- Comfortable cushioning with rubber outsole.
- Lack of support near the arch.
- Rubbing the upper fabric against the toes irritates.
6. Puma Men’s Cell Regulate Nature Tech Sneaker
These pair of traditional basketball referee shoes are one of the best basketball referee shoes of the year which has cell regulate nature. The shoe represents the next generation of PUMA viz-technology which combines natural material with cell cushioning technology. The rubber sole of the basketball shoes helps in great traction and has shaft measures from low-top from arch. The best thing about this sneaker is that they are true to size and are comfortable to be worn for a longer period. The soft foam dual-density footbed has been added cushion to the shoes while the lace-up closure of the shoes ensures the foot is locked comfortably. With great qualities and features, the shoes also have great style and can be a solid pick for basketball referees.
- The breathable mesh adds comfort to your foot.
- Higher traction and comfort level.
- True to size.
- Lack of enough support.
- Not much durable and tears apart.
7. Nike Air Max 2014 Running Shoe
The range of the Nike Air technology featured its length glory in form of Air Maz’97. The Air Max 2014 is one of the best basketball referee shoes which come with comfortable features available in the sports industry. The stunning design can make a great fashion statement as well as they are true to your size. The sock-line and internal bootie of the shoes also offer an unparalleled level of cushioning which is higher instability. The engineered mesh also offers great breathability which means you will not have to face irritation or sweaty feet. The shoes feel soft from the inside due to their foam. You will experience higher support with its Flywire technology. The midsole of the shoes offers great cushioning due to its air technology. The outsole of the shoes provides multi-surface tension which allows the efficient heel to toe transition.
- Air cushioning for a higher level of comfort.
- Gender-specific Flex Grooves.
- Higher traction and comfort level.
- Little heavy.
8. Reebok Men’s Zig Pulse SE Running Shoe
These comfortable training shoes are must-have basketball shoes for basketball referees. These pair of shoes are functional, extremely comfortable, and breathable training shoes. The smooth fit mesh of the upper body is thin which makes it lightweight while the zig pulse upper body of the shoes does not make it require break-in time. The Zig-tech technology of the shoes has been designed to send energetic wave from front foot to end. The heel to toe transition of the shoes also provides support and comfort to your foot. The impressive cushioning can be excellent for a bounce. The ortholite insole present in the shoes also adds comfort to the shoes and dissipates heat overall.
- Zigtech technology keeps feet energetic.
- Higher cushioning for comfort.
- Comfortable insole.
- Minimal support on the upper body of shoes.
- Not much durable.
9. JOOMLA Men’s Stylish Sneakers High Top Athletic-Inspired Shoes
The shoes from the brand are considered performance court shoes for both players and referees. The premium synthetic leather of the upper part of the body makes it look more luxurious and makes a stunning stylish statement. The stylish high top shoes have an attached ankle and improved shoe wrapping performance. The blade rubber outsole of the shoes makes them well wear-resistant and comfortable to wear. The design of the shoes and the handcrafted feel of leather at heel and toe makes it best to wear indoor as well as outdoor. You get a stunning lacing system that is designed to provide a higher level of stability.
- Higher stability and ankle support.
- Can be worn indoor and outdoor.
- Traction and comfortable.
- Allows dirt to insert inside the shoes.
- Tight toe box.
- Size may vary.
These court referee shoes are the must-have for every player as well as a referee as they are specially designed with a slip design with a shoelace to give a secure fit. The padding of the shoes throughout the tongue and collar are added to increase your comfort. You also get a durable rubber outsole that provides premium cushioning and a stable comfort fit. These versatile shoes can be worn up or down and can be worn indoor or outdoor.
- Inside padding for extended comfort.
- Lacing system to secure your feet,
- For narrow foot only.
- Looks a little cheap in hand.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
Q. What shoes does the referee wear?
Ans – Referees are expected to wear athletic shoes that are appropriate for running, are comfortable, and durable.
Q. Can referees wear basketball shoes?
Ans – Of course! They can wear basketball shoes similar to the ones worn by basketball players. Both the players and referees need a higher level of running and jumping as well as immediate movements due to which a pair of basketball shoes can be best for them. The referees need to consider shoes that provide higher traction and stability to their feet.
Q. Does weight matter while selecting shoes for referees?
Ans – Yes, the weight of the shoes makes an essential rule to make or break the entire game. Lightweight shoes are considered a must as the heavy weight can cause strain, injury, or fatigue while making swift movements or changing the positions while on the court.
Q. Why are comfort and durability essential for referee shoes?
Ans – As basketball referees spend a lot of time while running and moving from one corner of the court to another, comfortable shoes can work like a miracle. They help the referees to focus on the game while the breathable material of the shoes helps inefficient airflow to keep the foot cool.